This discussion will focus on Distributions made between April and June 2022.  Autumn has crept upon South Africa and the temperatures are dropping.

Many thanks to our volunteers for sharing touching stories and photos.

Views: 2125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’m delighted to see two of my blankets with their little owners :))

More photos from these amazing distributions...

More happy warm children who received blankets from KNIT A SQUARE at the Lion Park Informal Settlement distribution that Sheldon Bolle and I did last week.
Please let us know if you made the HOPE and LOVE squares in this great blanket!
This young man was delighted when he fetched his young brother from the crèche armed with a snuggly warm Cath Riley blanket.
Thanks to all of our friends, Gogos and volunteers who stitch these amazing squares together.
These guys were very interested in our KAS leaflet even though it was blank on the other side.
This dearest little girl loving her doll from Ada Breeuwer and lined blanket from Judith Rose and her sister.
Fantastic squares from Amy all matching her incredible octopus.
Magnificent rainbow blanket.
Skittles blanket from Sharon B.
Happy mum with her baby’s beautiful blanket.
I sized and made some of the squares when we had no post.
Beautiful knitted squares sewn together by Pretty. Anyone know who knitted them…Kath Burton?
Dearest picture from Marion Davies and stitched together by Marioth Brown.
Another stunning blanket.
I think this is one of Audrey’s.
Lovely KAS blanket.
Squares from Clear Lake Methodist Church and stitched together by Rae Logie.
Another beautifully knitted blanket sewn together by Pretty.

Several of my squares in the gorgeous Hope and Love blanket - but sadly not the letters!

So happy that you got to see who received your work, Patricia.  You must be thrilled.

Thanks so much for this.   Distributions are always a favourite discussion category choice for me to devour.   The blankets are ALL superb + I spotted a variety of my double strand hats,  happy dance ♥️

They are certainly going to be needed warm hats.  Temps are heading down to 3C at night.  Brrrrrr.

Kathy and I love to see the children with their new blankets. Thanks for all the hard work you ladies do so that we feel so connected to our favorite charity organization.

Estelle and Sheldon have been very busy in Lion Park Informal Settlement.  Thank you for these incredible pictures.

Sheldon Bolle and I were impressed by these enterprising young men opening a car wash complete with a generator, water tanks and a delightful waiting area under the trees.

We also loved the ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Fish and Chips shop we passed on our way to our distribution in The Lion Park Informal Settlement.

Thank you KNIT A SQUARE, all our wonderful contributors and donors who make it possible to bring love and warmth to these precious children.

Estelle and Sheldon have been very busy in Lion Park Informal Settlement.  Thank you for these incredible pictures.

Sheldon Bolle and I were impressed by these enterprising young men opening a car wash complete with a generator, water tanks and a delightful waiting area under the trees.

We also loved the ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Fish and Chips shop we passed on our way to our distribution in The Lion Park Informal Settlement.

Thank you KNIT A SQUARE, all our wonderful contributors and donors who make it possible to bring love and warmth to these precious children.

Sewn together by the Waterfall Hookers maybe, Marioth Brown, and Estelle did the edging.

Not sure where these came from- such a warm lovely blanket.

Lizzy loved this one for her baby.

Another happy mum.

A stunning blanket I have no recollection of seeing it previously.

Another stunner!

A famous Clear Lake Methodist Church blanket.

Thank you Judy Rose and Cathy.

Another Judith Rose and Cathy creation.

I do need to thank Athelé Oosterbroek for introducing me to this desperately needy area where every blanket will treasured for years to come.

Even more photos for this wonderful distribution...

Thanks Roni Rudman-Owens and Glynne for joining this one.

Valerie Zalewski and Mireille for the cutest picture square.

Fabulous Cath Riley joined by Ana….such an interesting border, love it!

Absolutely gorgeous blanket…another one that’s new to me.

Lovely squares from Michelle Babcock.

Blanket by Sharon B.

Beautiful squares…Gill Lea we love those squares.

More amazing squares from Michelle and her family.

Love this blanket- thank you Marion Davies and all who contributed squares. It’s a winner Pretty- beautifully stitched together.

Roni Rudman-Owens I think you stitched this one together.

Granny squares always make a fabulous blanket.Fabulous colours!

Think this one was joined by Rae Logie and the picture squares are from Liz Sloan.

More super squares from our auditor…thanks Mike.

So pretty… one of yours Liz Gyldenhuis?

Karen Gordon???

Squares from Mike…KAS’s auditor.

Gorgeous KAS blanket.

Gorgeous KAS blanket.

Pretty pink blanket for a dear little girl. Thank you Sheldon Bolle for matching the beanies, blankets and hand warmers so beautifully.

More squares from you Michelle Babcock.

Thank you very much firstly for taking these pictures, and then for posting them here.    I love all the bright colours and all the blankets are superbly made + finished off.    I'm delighted to see a lot of my hats, and also a few toys that were my Sons that are now in the hands of their precious new owners.    Very humbling indeed X

Like Karen, I've spotted two of my daughter's toys that I sent. I hope they bring some comfort.

Our parcels may have travelled together + been opened + sorted at similar times!!   Nice to know our items have ended up in the same place too.... ✔️

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The JULY Squares List is delayed.

Our sincere apologies.

~~~~~~~~~~

The JUNE 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

AUGUST

Color Of The Month LAVENDER

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service