2019 SQUARES LIST

SQUARES LIST  2019

The DECEMBER 2019 Squares List is available.

Please go to page 4 of this discussion, scroll down for the December squares list and further details, such as monthly totals and other information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0' as the parcel value. 

If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare value ‘1’.  Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

POSTAGE INFORMATION, WERE YOU CAN FIND THE INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE AND MAILING INSTRUCTIONS:

POSTAGE INFORMATION - Square Circle Forum

1. Squares

-pack flat                                      -tail neatly butterflied                     -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: PLEASE Include the Packing Slip

3. Check Postage before mailing

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have one from April 2019 that has not shown up yet. A later one sent in July has shown up

• The December 2019 Squares List is available.

OVERALL TOTALS 2019:

3820922867?profile=RESIZE_710x

In December we recorded 70 parcels containing 5.377 squares, equal to 153 blankets.

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

3820946825?profile=RESIZE_710x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3820950800?profile=RESIZE_710x

~~~~~~~~~~A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~~~~~~~~

Please find below the squares list as an attachment:  2019 DECEMBER SQUARES LIST.pdf and click on it to open it:  

2019 DECEMBER SQUARES LIST.pdf

• Since I sent my first parcel to KAS in 2012, I have sent a total of 113 parcels. All of these parcels have arrived eventually..........except 1. This one was sent on February 4, 2019. It was delivered to me in November 2019, with no explanation. It had different stickers and remarks all over it. I made a complaint to my postal service and was told that it had been returned because the address was unknown or incomplete.  The parcel had been packaged in the same way as all my other parcels (including one sent the previous week and another the week after!!!). Obviously I have refused their "explanation" and sent full details of all the parcels sent since 2012, photos of my packaging and examples of th KAS label that I always use. All that I'm asking is that they send this parcel without charge. I'm not paying their exorbitant charge twice for a parcel that was correctly and adequately labeled.

• Hi Valerie,

What a story and a disaster. So much work to prepare a parcel, postal costs are high and then in the end returned to sender. Really ridiculous and very disappointing. What is the status at the moment? Did they accept your justified complaints and were they willing to send it for the second time without extra costs? THEY made the mistake, not you.

• I'm still waiting for a reply. If I don't hear from them soon, I'll contact a mediator and see if that will help.  Of course, I just found out that the price for sending a parcel has gone up again in 2020. It's now €55,65 to send a 5 kg parcel....€1,10 more than last year.

• The NOVEMBER 2019 Squares List is available.

MONTHLY TOTALS:

3771280503?profile=RESIZE_710x

In November we recorded 173 parcels containing 10,163 squares,

equal to 290 blankets!

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

3771400049?profile=RESIZE_710x

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM RONDA:

Unfortunately and we sincerely regret it that there are 5 parcels languishing at the Post Office at present, unlikely to be allowed through until next year now. The following people (see below) may be concerned, having posted the parcels months ago now … and for various reasons large customs tariffs have been placed on them. It is taking MONTHS to get any change in status from the Central Sorting Room Authorities these days. They know that the parcels are for a charity organisation - Knit a Square - but despite that they abide by their rules and held up parcels for the slightest misunderstandings.

In most cases the reason is that there are no signs saying “BONA FIDE GIFT FOR CHARITY, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE” and people have INSURED their parcels so are obliged, then, TO PUT A VALUE on them instead of being able to write “NIL”.

It concerns the parcels of:

- GARY AND STEPHANY NYE – PHOENIX ARIZONA USA

- WIMBERLEY UMC – TEXAS (this parcel has been waiting 3 or 4 months now)

- JADE - BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA

- CROATIA – a large box from KAS Croatia, waiting at least 3 months

- WILLIAM FELTS

We DO regret that your parcels are still waiting, we so appreciate what you all do to warm the children, so please DO NOT REGISTER, INSURE or USE TRACKING NUMBERS for your parcels, packages or boxes. It is imperative that we (the senders) take great care in filling out the CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please find here the link to the POSTAL INSTRUCTIONS:

http://square-circle-forum.ning.com/forum/topics/postage-information-1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3771404957?profile=RESIZE_710x

~~~~~~~A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~~~~~~

Please find below the squares list as an attachment:  2019 NOVEMBER SQUARES LIST.pdf and click on it to open it:

2019 NOVEMBER SQUARES LIST.pdf

• I note that u clearly explain on the Main page of KAS about how to send the parcels and about not insuring them    Rhonda perhaps with those five parcels and the names above you could write the amount asked by the post office next to each name, the senders might read it and forward the money to release the parcels.  At the very least it will also show others that it is well above the $US3.75 fee charged 

also I read your note by going via a HERE link  under the December squares list and if I had not clicked I may not have seen it.

i know you have been typing your fingers with great patience for a long time to get the label used correctly. 
      it is tough to have many hours of work and love trapped in storage.  xxx Maudie

• Maudie, I contacted Ronda and she informed me that the parcels have been picked up from the Post Office and will be recorded in the January Squares List.

• Hi Maudie,

Please see my response to Joan. Also I will ask Ronda about the status of the languishing parcels.

• I think its a good idea to make a note on the squares list.  Maybe 'postage charged R X.  Please read our postage instructions on the forum'. or something similar.  They might send the money but hopefully at least would not do it again. 
        There have been a number of reminders put out on the forum, the website and facebook plus in KAS Snippets. 

This reply was deleted.