THE SQUARE HEART AWARD

FEBRUARY  2016

by Sue Gillman

is awarded to

CATH RILEY

Champion blanket maker Cath is from Liverpool UK. She reached her personal goal of 100 blankets on January 5th 2015 !

More pj's        Scrappy blanket#2

Patchwork                Scrappy blanket #1                                             

Beautiful, colourful creations keep arriving in South Africa, and beyond. Cath saw 4 of her blankets around the Syrian refugees. How exciting is that ! Cath, I am guessing this is one of them?

Cath has spoken about KAS on her local radio station in February 2015, after a great response for squares from Church folk at St Oswalds, 720 squares!  She met up with others at the Big Day Out in July 2015. That's Cath on the right with the sling on her arm, but it did not stop her making squares !!

Cath visited South Africa in January 2016 with a suitcase full of squares, hats, hand warmers and cuddly toys for distribution, and of course attended Opening Day !

This is Cath's "parcel" !!.

Here she is enjoying being part of Opening Day !

Cath you are an amazing woman and we love your fabulous blankets

and all you do to spread the word for KAS !

Here's where you have a look at Cath' s work.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/profile/CathRiley?xg_source=profiles...

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you to all who left such lovely comments. I was thrilled and honoured to receive this award and it has motivated me to achieve the next challenge as well as giving me a much needed boost when I needed it most. Thanks again.
  • Congratulations, Cath.  An award so well deserved.  So many happy children!

• Congratulations and so deserved Cath. You couldn't wish to meet a nicer, kinder, creative (even with one arm out of action, truly amazing to witness!) lady than you, enhanced by a wonderfully understanding and supportive husband - what a great team you make. Lots of love to you xx
  • Congratulations - and very well deserved!

• Congratulations Cath. Great contributes, full of colors and warmth.

• Congratulations, Cath! You surely do deserve this award.

• 2965341486?profile=RESIZE_180x180

Congratulation Cath!! Well deserved award. You are pure heart!!!

Many thanks for all do for "our children" /diana

• Congratulations Cath! I admire your blankets very much. They are so neatly made and so colourful. I can´t even imagine you have made more than 100 blankets!

• Thanks Karla. I finished the 181st yesterday. I just love doing them and have become a bit obsessed!!
      • Thatreally is wonderful. Do you sleep sometimes,

This reply was deleted.